Do you have a question about your career or your workplace that isn't really about software development or being a programmer? Have you tried asking it on Programmers only to have it get closed because it's not on-topic here?
Good news! A proposal has been created on Area 51—Stack Exchange's site incubator—to serve as a home for general career and workplace questions for all professions:
Proposed Q&A site for members of the workforce navigating the professional setting.
This includes questions like:
- How should I approach my boss about a raise/promotion?
- How to deal with noisy or irritating co-workers?
- How do you define business casual?
- My coworker comes to work while high on drugs sometimes. What should I do?
- What to do when you are asked “what is your desired salary” before you even get to the interview?
So if you're interested in asking and answering questions like these and seeing that there's a home for all those general career advice questions we get here on Programmers, consider committing to this proposal. The more people commit, the faster it'll launch.
Once launched, you'll have an opportunity to participate in its private beta, where you'll work with other committers to "seed" the site and fill in the site's scope.
So what are you waiting for? Go check it out!