I've been a developer for over 30 years in one form or another. I learnt Pascal at University and my first job was programming in Fortran 66. I've since moved to C# & .NET via Ada, C and C++.
Over the years I've worked for companies of all sizes from 3 person startups to multi-national organisations with 1000's of employees. I've also worked at all levels from junior programmer to team lead/technical architect and one stint as a manager. I've seen various development methodologies from classic waterfall to Scrum implemented and used with varying degrees of success.
Member for 9 years, 10 months
606 profile views
Last seen May 30 at 13:32
- Stack Overflow♦ 122.9k 122.9k 2727 gold badges235235 silver badges309309 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange♦ 96k 96k 3232 gold badges244244 silver badges456456 bronze badges
- Super User 39.9k 39.9k 1515 gold badges9090 silver badges145145 bronze badges
- Software Engineering♦ 38.2k 38.2k 1111 gold badges120120 silver badges168168 bronze badges
- Home Improvement♦ 16.5k 16.5k 55 gold badges4646 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1120 Encouraging people to explain downvotes
- 580 Joining two lists together
- 295 Foreach loop, determine which is the last iteration of the loop
- 278 Setting and getting Windows environment variables from the command prompt?
- 247 How do I make XAML DataGridColumns fill the entire DataGrid?
- 196 Add a strike-through to the editing interface
- 189 Is it OK to leave "What have you tried?" comments?
- View more network posts →