I've been a developer for over 30 years in one form or another. I learnt Pascal at University and my first job was programming in Fortran 66. I've since moved to C# & .NET via Ada, C and C++.
Over the years I've worked for companies of all sizes from 3 person startups to multi-national organisations with 1000's of employees. I've also worked at all levels from junior programmer to team lead/technical architect and one stint as a manager. I've seen various development methodologies from classic waterfall to Scrum implemented and used with varying degrees of success.
Member for 9 years, 7 months
602 profile views
Last seen Mar 14 at 7:41
- Stack Overflow♦ 121.5k 121.5k 2525 gold badges233233 silver badges306306 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange♦ 95.5k 95.5k 3232 gold badges241241 silver badges454454 bronze badges
- Super User 39.8k 39.8k 1515 gold badges9090 silver badges144144 bronze badges
- Software Engineering♦ 38.1k 38.1k 1111 gold badges120120 silver badges168168 bronze badges
- Home Improvement♦ 16.5k 16.5k 55 gold badges4646 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1112 Encouraging people to explain downvotes
- 551 Joining two lists together
- 281 Foreach loop, determine which is the last iteration of the loop
- 270 Setting and getting Windows environment variables from the command prompt?
- 241 How do I make XAML DataGridColumns fill the entire DataGrid?
- 189 Is it OK to leave "What have you tried?" comments?
- 188 Add a strike-through to the editing interface
- View more network posts →