I've been a developer for over 30 years in one form or another. I learnt Pascal at University and my first job was programming in Fortran 66. I've since moved to C# & .NET via Ada, C and C++.
Over the years I've worked for companies of all sizes from 3 person startups to multi-national organisations with 1000's of employees. I've also worked at all levels from junior programmer to team lead/technical architect and one stint as a manager. I've seen various development methodologies from classic waterfall to Scrum implemented and used with varying degrees of success.
Member for 10 years, 3 months
607 profile views
Last seen Nov 18 at 17:53
- Stack Overflow♦ 125k 125k 2828 gold badges239239 silver badges311311 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange♦ 96.5k 96.5k 3232 gold badges246246 silver badges460460 bronze badges
- Super User 40.3k 40.3k 1616 gold badges9595 silver badges148148 bronze badges
- Software Engineering♦ 38.3k 38.3k 1111 gold badges121121 silver badges168168 bronze badges
- Home Improvement♦ 16.6k 16.6k 55 gold badges4747 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1136 Encouraging people to explain downvotes
- 618 Joining two lists together
- 312 Foreach loop, determine which is the last iteration of the loop
- 297 Setting and getting Windows environment variables from the command prompt?
- 253 How do I make XAML DataGridColumns fill the entire DataGrid?
- 205 Add a strike-through to the editing interface
- 189 Is it OK to leave "What have you tried?" comments?
- View more network posts →