I've been a developer for over 30 years in one form or another. I learnt Pascal at University and my first job was programming in Fortran 66. I've since moved to C# & .NET via Ada, C and C++.
Over the years I've worked for companies of all sizes from 3 person startups to multi-national organisations with 1000's of employees. I've also worked at all levels from junior programmer to team lead/technical architect and one stint as a manager. I've seen various development methodologies from classic waterfall to Scrum implemented and used with varying degrees of success.
Member for 9 years, 2 months
593 profile views
Last seen 1 hour ago
- Stack Overflow♦ 119.8k 119.8k 2525 gold badges229229 silver badges303303 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange♦ 94.9k 94.9k 3232 gold badges240240 silver badges453453 bronze badges
- Super User 39.5k 39.5k 1515 gold badges9090 silver badges142142 bronze badges
- Software Engineering♦ 38k 38k 1010 gold badges119119 silver badges168168 bronze badges
- Home Improvement♦ 16.5k 16.5k 44 gold badges4545 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1103 Encouraging people to explain downvotes
- 525 Joining two lists together
- 264 Foreach loop, determine which is the last iteration of the loop
- 253 Setting and getting Windows environment variables from the command prompt?
- 236 How do I make XAML DataGridColumns fill the entire DataGrid?
- 188 Is it OK to leave "What have you tried?" comments?
- 180 Add a strike-through to the editing interface
- View more network posts →