I've been a developer for over 30 years in one form or another. I learnt Pascal at University and my first job was programming in Fortran 66. I've since moved to C# & .NET via Ada, C and C++.
Over the years I've worked for companies of all sizes from 3 person startups to multi-national organisations with 1000's of employees. I've also worked at all levels from junior programmer to team lead/technical architect and one stint as a manager. I've seen various development methodologies from classic waterfall to Scrum implemented and used with varying degrees of success.
Member for 10 years
606 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- Stack Overflow♦ 124.2k 124.2k 2828 gold badges239239 silver badges311311 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange♦ 96.3k 96.3k 3232 gold badges246246 silver badges459459 bronze badges
- Super User 40.1k 40.1k 1616 gold badges9393 silver badges147147 bronze badges
- Software Engineering♦ 38.3k 38.3k 1111 gold badges121121 silver badges168168 bronze badges
- Home Improvement♦ 16.5k 16.5k 55 gold badges4747 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1126 Encouraging people to explain downvotes
- 609 Joining two lists together
- 302 Foreach loop, determine which is the last iteration of the loop
- 290 Setting and getting Windows environment variables from the command prompt?
- 250 How do I make XAML DataGridColumns fill the entire DataGrid?
- 200 Add a strike-through to the editing interface
- 189 Is it OK to leave "What have you tried?" comments?
- View more network posts →