Currently the on-topic page reads:
and it is not about...
- general workplace issues, office politics, and job hunting (check out The Workplace instead)
- implementation issues, such as code fixes (ask on Stack Overflow instead)
- how to use specific tools
- what language/technology you should learn next, including which technology is better
- what project you should do next
- where to find a software library, tool or other resource
- product or service recommendations
- career or education advice, salary, or compensation
- personal lifestyle, including relationships and non-programming activities
- legal advice or aid
the "where to find a software library, tool or other resource" line could be expanded to include tutorials and books explicitly.
I know they are covered under the "other resource" line but it's better to have it explicit. Maybe link to the meta discussion about it.