I started as a FORTRAN programmer, paid my dues writing C and X11/Motif, switched to Perl, discovered Tk, and from that, Tcl, and spent the next decade plus writing cross-platform GUIs in Tcl/Tk.
I then spent three years using python and a smattering of ruby to create a cross-platform automated testing framework. After that I had two more gigs in windows shows, building automated testing frameworks and leading automation teams. I am now back to being a python developer at a small company in the independent publishing business.
I was profiled as python developer of the week at http://www.blog.pythonlibrary.org/2015/03/02/pydev-of-the-week-bryan-oakley/
The open source projects I currently am active on are:
- The Robot Framework Hub - A web app and RESTful API for accessing robot framework test assets
- Robot Framework Lint - a static analysis tool for robot framework test files.
- Page Object Library - an implementation of the page object pattern for robot framework
- Robot framework extension for the brackets open source editor.
I also maintain a sporadically-updated blog at boakley.github.io, focused mainly on my work with the robot framework.
Member for 9 years, 1 month
15 profile views
Last seen Mar 25 '18 at 17:41
- Stack Overflow 247.7k 247.7k 2424 gold badges328328 silver badges479479 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 23.4k 23.4k 55 gold badges5353 silver badges8484 bronze badges
- Code Review 1.8k 1.8k 99 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- User Experience 1.1k 1.1k 77 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Software Quality Assurance & Testing 805 805 44 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1425 How do I get the full path of the current file's directory?
- 662 How to get file creation & modification date/times in Python?
- 329 How can I reload .emacs after changing it?
- 187 Interactively validating Entry widget content in tkinter
- 148 Strangest language feature
- 139 Adding padding to a tkinter widget only on one side
- 136 Switch between two frames in tkinter
- View more network posts →