I started as a FORTRAN programmer, paid my dues writing C and X11/Motif, switched to Perl, discovered Tk, and from that, Tcl, and spent the next decade plus writing cross-platform GUIs in Tcl/Tk.
I then spent three years using python and a smattering of ruby to create a cross-platform automated testing framework. After that I had two more gigs in windows shows, building automated testing frameworks and leading automation teams. I am now back to being a python developer at a small company in the independent publishing business.
I was profiled as python developer of the week at http://www.blog.pythonlibrary.org/2015/03/02/pydev-of-the-week-bryan-oakley/
The open source projects I currently am active on are:
- The Robot Framework Hub - A web app and RESTful API for accessing robot framework test assets
- Robot Framework Lint - a static analysis tool for robot framework test files.
- Page Object Library - an implementation of the page object pattern for robot framework
- Robot framework extension for the brackets open source editor.
I also maintain a sporadically-updated blog at boakley.github.io, focused mainly on my work with the robot framework.
Member for 10 years, 7 months
16 profile views
Last seen Oct 9 '20 at 19:20
- Stack Overflow 311.4k 311.4k 3636 gold badges448448 silver badges586586 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 24.5k 24.5k 55 gold badges5959 silver badges8686 bronze badges
- Code Review 2.1k 2.1k 1111 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- User Experience 1.1k 1.1k 88 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Software Quality Assurance & Testing 904 904 44 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 2091 How do I get the full path of the current file's directory?
- 715 How to get file creation & modification date/times in Python?
- 374 How can I reload .emacs after changing it?
- 326 Best way to structure a tkinter application?
- 233 Interactively validating Entry widget content in tkinter
- 225 Adding padding to a tkinter widget only on one side
- 193 Switch between two frames in tkinter
- View more network posts →