Backend Java, regular expressions, text processing, and object-oriented design are my strengths. I have five years experience with Oracle SQL, stored procedures, and triggers, and I am the author of Codelet (automated insertion of example code into JavaDoc). My resume.
Notable questions and answers:
- Improving upon Bloch's Builder Pattern for highly-extendable classes
- From every-time checks, to Functors, to Java 8 Lambdas
- Validating number-ranges w/ regex (a bad idea, but instructive)
- Contributor to and maintainer of the Regex-Fu FAQ Mega Wiki
- Practical and performance differences between for vs. foreach in Java
I am also a singer and a Muppets super-fan.
Member for 6 years, 9 months
4 profile views
Last seen Feb 22 '14 at 16:37
- Stack Overflow 17.7k 17.7k 1616 gold badges6565 silver badges9999 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 651 651 11 gold badge66 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Information Security 595 595 44 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 329 329 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Code Review 299 299 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 963 Reference - What does this regex mean?
- 169 How does the Java 'for each' loop work?
- 120 Why am I getting a "401 Unauthorized" error in Maven?
- 87 Using regular expressions to validate a numeric range
- 78 The view didn't return an HttpResponse object. It returned None instead
- 68 Which Java Collection should I use?
- 63 How to force folder refresh in Sublime, when "Project > refresh" doesn't work?
- View more network posts →