I'm done with this site unless something changes. I feel its changed too far from the original programming resource it once was, and the current moderation style is not for me.
I dislike that so much valuable information gets deleted for the sake of "maintaining a clean site", dislike the way many users are treated (particularly new ones), and dislike the way the overall culture of this site has been changing from a community of programmers out to teach and learn from each other, to an insular group of programming elitists (of course this isn't all of you, or probably even most of you. It's just a large percentage of the more active/vocal users who take part in running the site).
Anyways, I'm not interested in helping to support this site anymore, although I will be happy to take part in any initiatives to changes things.
Also, if someone makes a Q&A site for Programmers to ask questions and get answers from other Programmers about any issue related to their career choice or self-identity as a programmer, let me know. I'd love to participate in such a site again, and will help you promote it.
Member for 10 years, 9 months
2,843 profile views
Last seen Mar 23 at 20:00
- Stack Overflow 122.3k 122.3k 5959 gold badges290290 silver badges466466 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 23.7k 23.7k 1515 gold badges8787 silver badges156156 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 18.9k 18.9k 44 gold badges5151 silver badges100100 bronze badges
- The Workplace 10k 10k 99 gold badges4949 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- Database Administrators 8.1k 8.1k 1919 gold badges4545 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 685 How would I run an async Task<T> method synchronously?
- 483 How would I run an async Task<T> method synchronously?
- 361 Window vs Page vs UserControl for WPF navigation?
- 353 How can you find and replace text in a file using the Windows command-line environment?
- 312 How can I determine a reasonable salary to ask for?
- 303 Make WPF window draggable, no matter what element is clicked
- 184 What's the difference between a CTE and a Temp Table?
- View more network posts →