I'm done with this site unless something changes. I feel its changed too far from the original programming resource it once was, and the current moderation style is not for me.
I dislike that so much valuable information gets deleted for the sake of "maintaining a clean site", dislike the way many users are treated (particularly new ones), and dislike the way the overall culture of this site has been changing from a community of programmers out to teach and learn from each other, to an insular group of programming elitists (of course this isn't all of you, or probably even most of you. It's just a large percentage of the more active/vocal users who take part in running the site).
Anyways, I'm not interested in helping to support this site anymore, although I will be happy to take part in any initiatives to changes things.
Also, if someone makes a Q&A site for Programmers to ask questions and get answers from other Programmers about any issue related to their career choice or self-identity as a programmer, let me know. I'd love to participate in such a site again, and will help you promote it.
Member for 8 years, 10 months
2,786 profile views
Last seen Apr 3 at 13:34
- Stack Overflow 99.3k 99.3k 5252 gold badges256256 silver badges424424 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 19.7k 19.7k 1515 gold badges8585 silver badges152152 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 13.9k 13.9k 33 gold badges4848 silver badges100100 bronze badges
- The Workplace 6.5k 6.5k 88 gold badges4646 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- Arqade 6.3k 6.3k 2121 gold badges5252 silver badges100100 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 589 How would I run an async Task<T> method synchronously?
- 427 How would I run an async Task<T> method synchronously?
- 317 Window vs Page vs UserControl for WPF navigation?
- 284 How can I determine a reasonable salary to ask for?
- 259 How can you find and replace text in a file using the Windows command-line environment?
- 252 Make WPF window draggable, no matter what element is clicked
- 174 Transitioning from Windows Forms to WPF
- View more network posts →