I am a polyglot programmer with more than 15 years of professional programming experience. When learning a new programming language, I start with a familiar problem and try to learn enough of the new language to solve it. For me, an engine for solving genetic algorithms is that familiar problem. Why? For one thing, it is a project where I can explore interesting puzzles, and where even a child's game like Tic-tac-toe can be viewed on a whole new level. Also, I can select increasingly complex puzzles to drive evolution in the capabilities of the engine. This allows me to discover the expressiveness of the language, the power of its tool chain, and the size of its development community as I work through the idiosyncrasies of the language.
Top network posts
- 111 why doesn't fillcolor work with graphviz?
- 65 Embed git commit hash in a .Net dll
- 39 How to change the formatting of the "Use Object Initializer" refactoring in Resharper?
- 28 Akima interpolation of an array of doubles
- 21 Cannot debug tests using Resharper - Cannot Launch Debugger
- 18 JSON.NET and nHibernate Lazy Loading of Collections
- 15 Combining 2 lists and and remove duplicates .Output in a third list .My attempts do not work
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Apr 29 '17