Moderator on Bitcoin.SE
After multiple years of delving the Bitcoin rabbit hole, Murch wrote his master thesis about Coin Selection strategies in 2016. The Branch and Bound algorithm described in his thesis is used at BitGo, in Bitcoin Core, and other libraries. Murch has been working as a software engineer in the Bitcoin space since graduating.
During his years at BitGo, Murch coordinated BitGo's segwit implementation, overhauled the UTXO management for the wallet used by dozens of exchanges, and served as the UTXO Coin Lead. Today, he works at Chaincode Labs contributing to the Bitcoin space full time.
Besides Bitcoin, Murch enjoys bouldering, hiking, and boardgames.
- A collection of introductory topics can be found here:
I am new to Bitcoin, how can I get started?
- Bitcoin♦ 47.7k 47.7k 3030 gold badges137137 silver badges419419 bronze badges
- Arqade 1.6k 1.6k 22 gold badges1818 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 1k 1k 99 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 812 812 55 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 556 556 33 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 66 How does the Lightning network work in simple terms?
- 63 Can someone explain how the Bitcoin Blockchain works?
- 59 What is a soft fork?
- 59 In the ASIC-age, is it worth starting mining Bitcoin at home?
- 58 Give mods/communities better tools for large retagging jobs
- 56 In the ASIC-age, is it worth starting mining Bitcoin at home?
- 55 I am new to Bitcoin, how can I get started?
- View more network posts →