BASIC, COBOL, PL/1, C, Visual Basic, Delphi, Python, Ruby and C# about tells my life story. On a different axis, we might find Oracle, SyBase, SQL Server, MySQL and SQLite. Or perhaps DOS/VS, MVS, VMS, and Windows from 3.0 to 7.
Worked since 1978 in various aspects of finance, starting in insurance, moving on through various forms of banking (mostly trading-related, front- middle- and back-office) to my current position in asset management.
Still programming after all these years.
London, United Kingdom
Member for 9 years, 1 month
0 profile views
Last seen Jul 28 '13 at 3:20
- Stack Overflow 46.2k 46.2k 1212 gold badges8282 silver badges122122 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 741 741 11 gold badge55 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 244 244 22 silver badges44 bronze badges
- Super User 226 226 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Area 51 166 166 44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 450 What does %w(array) mean?
- 440 How do I parse a YAML file?
- 358 How to convert a string or integer to binary in Ruby?
- 232 Ruby: Merging variables in to a string
- 150 how to convert 270921sec into days + hours + minutes + sec ? (ruby)
- 120 Copy every nth line from one sheet to another
- 110 How to sum array of numbers in Ruby?
- View more network posts →