Enthusiastic computer scientist and somewhat sporadic author of articles for ACCU journals.
Likes: games programming, challenges, learning new things, code craftsmanship, watching people achieving to the best of their ability, Git.
Dislikes: untidy code, weak architecture, bad software processes, indifference, technological fads.
Very quick bio: My D.Phil. was in medical image segmentation at the University of Oxford. I then worked in industry for a bit, doing credit risk management at SunGard and software analytics/logic programming at Semmle. After returning to Oxford and spending another few years working on computer vision, I'm now running a research group for an autonomous driving startup called FiveAI.
- Stack Overflow 18.6k 18.6k 33 gold badges4242 silver badges7979 bronze badges
- Academia 4.1k 4.1k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Game Development 186 186 33 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 161 161 33 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 103 103 33 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 131 multiple definition of template specialization when using different objects
- 120 How to deal with an inappropriate greeting in an email?
- 88 How can I move a tag on a git branch to a different commit?
- 72 Why should I use foreach instead of for (int i=0; i<length; i++) in loops?
- 69 Research adviser is trying to give my thesis to another student. What to do?
- 38 I wasted six years of my life getting a PhD degree. What should I do, and how will I survive?
- 38 Can I claim authorship on work I wasn't personally involved in, that uses a framework I developed for my research?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Sep 24 '14