I am a PostDoc working on the evolution of host-microbiota interactions at Kiel in Germany. I gained my PhD working on microbial genetics in the food borne pathogen, Campylobacter jejuni at the University of Leicester, UK.
Before that I spent a bit over a decade working as a programmer, with most of that time spent writing computer games. I have degrees in Mathematics (MMath), Life Sciences (BSc) and Molecular Genetics (MSc).
Member for 6 years, 9 months
0 profile views
Last seen Apr 25 at 13:24
- Stack Overflow 13.3k 13.3k 66 gold badges3131 silver badges6363 bronze badges
- Academia 8k 8k 22 gold badges2424 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Biology 6.3k 6.3k 2424 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 5k 5k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- The Workplace 4.6k 4.6k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 264 How to search and replace text in a file?
- 260 Was credit for the black hole image misattributed?
- 142 How can a fish that explodes by itself prosper enough to reproduce on a grand enough scale to persist as a species?
- 123 Co-authors request that others do not use "he" as a pronoun - is this reasonable?
- 116 Should I follow the normal path or fail early?
- 113 Opposite of any() function
- 112 How do I change the formatting of numbers on an axis with ggplot?
- View more network posts →