I'm a retired programmer, computer architect, and long time contributor to USENET, especially comp.lang.java.programmer.
I'm now learning web application writing for fun, so I expect to need a lot of answers. I'll try to contribute as well.
San Diego, CA
Member for 7 years
11 profile views
Last seen Jan 12 '18 at 7:26
- Academia 28k 28k 1414 gold badges4949 silver badges8686 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 23.7k 23.7k 22 gold badges3333 silver badges6565 bronze badges
- The Workplace 23.4k 23.4k 55 gold badges4646 silver badges8181 bronze badges
- Travel 9.5k 9.5k 22 gold badges2929 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 1.8k 1.8k 77 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 400 Is 8:00 AM an unreasonable time to meet with my graduate students and post-doc?
- 313 Did I overreact to my boss asking me to get him coffee?
- 272 How to prevent students from using modified calculators to cheat on exams?
- 179 A student keeps using a native language while asking questions in the class when the course is taught in English
- 165 Upset by male classmates openly comparing female students according to physical appearance
- 158 Professor expects me to attend a conference. I can't afford to go,even with 50% funding
- 157 How can I deal with managers that refuse to accept use of common software engineering design patterns?
- View more network posts →