I'm a retired programmer, computer architect, and long time contributor to USENET, especially comp.lang.java.programmer.
I'm now learning web application writing for fun, so I expect to need a lot of answers. I'll try to contribute as well.
San Diego, CA
Member for 7 years, 2 months
11 profile views
Last seen Jan 12 '18 at 7:26
- Academia 29.6k 29.6k 1414 gold badges5252 silver badges8989 bronze badges
- The Workplace 24.6k 24.6k 55 gold badges4848 silver badges8787 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 23.8k 23.8k 22 gold badges3333 silver badges6565 bronze badges
- Travel 10.2k 10.2k 33 gold badges3131 silver badges5555 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 1.9k 1.9k 77 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 403 Is 8:00 AM an unreasonable time to meet with my graduate students and post-doc?
- 313 Did I overreact to my boss asking me to get him coffee?
- 274 How to prevent students from using modified calculators to cheat on exams?
- 179 A student keeps using a native language while asking questions in the class when the course is taught in English
- 168 Upset by male classmates openly comparing female students according to physical appearance
- 158 Professor expects me to attend a conference. I can't afford to go,even with 50% funding
- 157 How can I deal with managers that refuse to accept use of common software engineering design patterns?
- View more network posts →