I wish I still looked as young as I do in the photo!
I've been in IT in various roles more years than I care to mention. From mainframes to mobile, seldom used languages to mainstream and family based businesses to global corporations.
Latterly, I've been involved as an engineer for multi-billion dollar mega projects both here in the UK and abroad.
On the side, I provide consultancy services, train, mentor and write technical articles for various publications.
Always happy to share my expertise and learn a few new things along the way. Every day is a school day.
Member for 7 years, 6 months
8 profile views
Last seen Jan 7 at 12:40
- Software Engineering 9.2k 9.2k 22 gold badges1818 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- The Workplace 2.4k 2.4k 11 gold badge99 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.7k 1.7k 1414 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Poker 872 872 11 gold badge66 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 411 411 33 silver badges55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 120 How to know if I am a 'Real Developer'
- 50 Dilemma of explaining to interviewer that he is the reason for declining second interview
- 33 Why have private fields, isn't protected enough?
- 31 Why are the Code of Conduct changes received so negatively, and what can / could have been done to change that?
- 24 Why are unit tests failing seen as bad?
- 22 What's the point of running unit tests on a CI server?
- 22 Do I need IDs in my database if the records could be identified by the date?
- View more network posts →