My background is in compiler technology. I enjoy applying techniques from the compiler domain to other domains.
I also do paid mentoring especially in assembly language and instruction set architecture: come see me at https://www.codementor.io/erikeidt.
I am most active on the Software Engineering stack exchange: https://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/users/63202/erik-eidt
I've open sourced a few projects, see my github page: github.com/erikeidt .
Campbell, CA, United States
Member for 8 years, 6 months
9 profile views
Last seen Aug 6 '20 at 17:27
- Software Engineering 30k 30k 44 gold badges4949 silver badges7777 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 10.1k 10.1k 11 gold badge2020 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- Retrocomputing 2.8k 2.8k 11 gold badge88 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Computer Science 441 441 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 359 359 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 151 Is source code generation an anti-pattern?
- 90 How does a single thread run on multiple cores?
- 87 Why do we still grow the stack backwards?
- 74 Will a computer attempt to divide by zero?
- 58 Why do we need a Builder class when implementing a Builder pattern?
- 55 Why did C use the -> operator instead of reusing the . operator?
- 53 Why do you have to specify the data type when declaring variables?
- View more network posts →