I seek not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions.
- Kwai Chang Caine
I've been programming for more than two decades. I specialize in database design, SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, Java SE, OOP, OOD, good practices, SOLID principles, software patterns and code quality. Manipulating and processing data with scores of different tools is something I do often. I've done extensive work automating routinary tasks by leveraging Shell Scripting. I like to improve software usability and user experience.
Fledgling DBA with 6 years of experience but with an awful lot to learn.
Spanish is my mother tongue and I'm fluent in english. I can read technical french.
- Software Engineering 38.3k 38.3k 1212 gold badges9393 silver badges151151 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.4k 2.4k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 1.9k 1.9k 44 gold badges1515 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 1.4k 1.4k 33 gold badges1717 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 1.3k 1.3k 22 gold badges1313 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 418 What's wrong with comments that explain complex code?
- 329 "Never do in code what you can get the SQL server to do well for you" - Is this a recipe for a bad design?
- 144 Name of a program's startup/initial loading window?
- 131 Is making a small change, testing it, then "rinse and repeat", a bad habit?
- 110 How to use watch command with a piped chain of commands/programs
- 80 Are assignments in the condition part of conditionals a bad practice?
- 72 Exception vs empty result set when the inputs are technically valid, but unsatisfiable
- View more network posts →