Software developer since I was in junior high. At the time it was just for fun and I didn't even realize people made money doing it. I really love math and if I could make the same money I would probably do that instead.
Started programming in the late 80's. I went to school but I consider myself to be primarily self-taught and I prefer not being pigeonholed as a certain type of developer. The term full-stack developer is ok since we need something to describe the idea but I don't think the term fully embodies the hacker spirit of wanting to learn everything about everything. As such I'm not afraid to get out of my areas of expertise.
I tend to focus on the SQL questions because I find them easiest to answer with the knowledge I carry around in my head without having to mess with compilers and a bunch of environment setup. Incidentally a good developer should be able to understand a lot of code straight off the printed page, without needing to see it run; however, that's not to say you should post a question without sufficient information to answer it.
I am also open to remote work engagements. :)
Member for 8 years, 10 months
0 profile views
Last seen Oct 5 '19 at 20:33
- Stack Overflow 12.1k 12.1k 33 gold badges1313 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 773 773 44 silver badges99 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 209 209 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- Spanish Language 197 197 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 139 139 55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 20 Word for someone who says yes, then no, then yes
- 17 "She speaks an impeccable English" vs "She speaks impeccable English"
- 16 Why is LAST_VALUE() not working in SQL Server?
- 11 MAX(DATE) - SQL ORACLE
- 7 Custom Order for Max()
- 7 In SQL Server, how do I copy a row's data into a new row with a change to one column?
- 6 How to find number of days between results
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
May 9 '16