I have been writing code since I was 12 - I started with BASIC on a Commodore VIC-20. First computer I owned was a Sinclair ZX-81 on which I progressed to programming Z80 assembler by the time I was 13. I consider programming to be a lifetime learning experience.
My programming hobby activities are mostly in Java, but I enjoy dabbling with a variety of procedural, OOP and functional languages and the many hybrids thereof.
Of a personal nature, I am a committed Christian; I guess one would best describe me as "Evangelical", though it's tough to find a moniker that works well. I enjoy philosophical and scientific discussions and I am firmly convinced that real, practical Christianity engages the whole person, heart, mind and spirit. Christianity is a faith that involves reason and intellect, an aspect which has been neglected in the 20th century church: "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:1-3).
- Stack Overflow 59.9k 59.9k 2525 gold badges135135 silver badges184184 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 4.7k 4.7k 11 gold badge2424 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Super User 2k 2k 33 gold badges2929 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Android Enthusiasts 279 279 11 gold badge22 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 261 261 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 670 Stretch and scale CSS background
- 427 Difference between volatile and synchronized in Java
- 418 What is the difference between a static and a non-static initialization code block
- 363 "Full screen" <iframe>
- 190 What is a Windows Handle?
- 189 Does the Go language have function/method overloading?
- 89 How to detect and debug multi-threading problems?
- View more network posts →