Software engineer for the New York Times.
I am a web developer working primarily with Python web services.
Presently working in Platform Technologies @NYTimes on the Recommendations Engine.
My main focus in development is innovation. I believe in working hard at understanding core concepts under the hood, even if that occasionally means 'wasting time' (your mileage may vary) on reinventing the wheel. More than anything else I appreciate the sense of community that pervades this profession.
New Haven, CT
Member for 8 years, 8 months
3 profile views
Last seen Jan 7 at 15:49
- Stack Overflow 8.5k 8.5k 44 gold badges4040 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- The Workplace 563 563 44 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Server Fault 213 213 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 183 183 88 bronze badges
- Music: Practice & Theory 175 175 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 148 How to JSON serialize sets?
- 86 Why is curl truncating this query string?
- 38 AutoReconnect exception "master has changed"
- 36 PHP namespace with Dynamic class name
- 31 Startup vs Big Company - ok to ask for details
- 16 Module name different than directory name?
- 16 mongodb - Find document with closest integer value
- View more network posts →