"There was once an Emperor. Querying a painter, asking him to draw its most beautiful bird for him. The artist executes the order and in one stroke creates the perfect bird illustration. The emperor, furious of the action simplicity, orders the painter to be killed. Which he is. Later, when soldiers come to the painter's house they see thousands of papers with drafts of the exact same bird, showing how the painter took time to become an artist, and making him able to finally deliver a masterpiece in one stroke."
Sometimes, software is viewed from outside in the same way: things happening magically without any understanding for the depth behind them, or the hard work.
Member for 3 years, 10 months
4 profile views
Last seen Mar 4 '19 at 23:25
- Stack Overflow 6.9k 6.9k 1212 gold badges2424 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Server Fault 5.3k 5.3k 44 gold badges1919 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Webmasters 5.2k 5.2k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 2.7k 2.7k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Super User 1.4k 1.4k 22 gold badges1212 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 56 What Linux process is responsible for responding to pings?
- 41 Different Print Page Dimensions Under Same Standard (A4)?
- 39 Do intermediate subdomains need to exist?
- 36 What happens to country specific TLD's in a war involving that country?
- 26 Domain expired, GoDaddy holds it and is asking more money
- 20 Number in the top-level domain?
- 15 How does Google force HTTPS on their .app TLD?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Jan 15 '18