GhostCat says Reinstate Monica
You probably came to this profile, wondering about the avatar picture, or the strange user name. The intention behind that is to make you curious about a very import struggle that takes place on the Stack Exchange network right now!
- Update your username/avatar accordingly. Invite your friends on the Stack Exchange network to look into this, too.
- Spread the word. Just posting on meta often goes unheard. So: turn to Facebook, Twitter, your own blog, ... and let the world know what you think! (but please remember: above all, be nice. Be respectful. )
- You could even contribute to Monica's GoFundMe
Mainly a contributor to stackoverflow.com. Beyond that, I participate on MSO, MSE, and various other SE communities, mostly around software/IT topics.
My primary goal on stackoverflow.com is to help other folks solving their problems. Sometimes I am very direct; so please understand that I am not rude on intention - just honest.
If you disagree with something I say: simply speak up; I appreciate any (constructive) feedback!
On stackoverflow.com, I proudly hold a few gold badges, like:
- java tag: Awarded Sep 23 '16
- Illuminator: Awarded Jul 8 '17
- Legendary: Award Sept 7 '17
I studied computer science in the late 90ies at the "Universität of Karlsruhe"; nowadays known as KIT.
After some years with smaller companies, I am working as software engineer at a global IT player for more than 15 years by now.
I started programming in Java more or less shortly after Java 1.02 became available. Java is still my main love, but there were hot affairs with C, C++, perl, python, and other, less known languages.
I am very much convinced that the only reasonable way to do "enterprise java" programming is to focus on "clean code" and "tdd/unit testing".
Member for 2 years, 11 months
5 profile views
Last seen Oct 21 at 8:53
- Stack Overflow 114.7k 114.7k 1818 gold badges110110 silver badges190190 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 10.6k 10.6k 44 gold badges3434 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 1.8k 1.8k 33 gold badges1919 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- Ask Different 617 617 55 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 532 532 44 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 222 Why was the previous Code of Conduct FAQ (and all answers) removed?
- 156 Why should one use Objects.requireNonNull()?
- 107 The new CEO discusses his vision for the growth of SO, in an article behind a paywall
- 80 What would be good "call to action" elements for "Reinstate Monica" profiles?
- 78 An open letter on the state of curation and moderation
- 78 Using try/catch for preventing app from crashes
- 75 Does Kotlin have a syntax for Map literals?
- View more network posts →