Proud holder of a few gold badges, like:
- java tag: Awarded Sep 23 '16
- Illuminator: Awarded Jul 8 '17
- Legendary: Award Sept 7 '17
I studied computer science in the late 90ies at the "Universität of Karlsruhe"; nowadays known as KIT.
After some years with smaller companies, I am working as software engineer at a global IT player for more than 15 years by now.
I started programming in Java more or less shortly after Java 1.02 became available. Java is still my main love, but there were hot affairs with C, C++, perl, python, and other, less known languages.
I am very much convinced that the only reasonable way to do "enterprise java" programming is to focus on "clean code" and "tdd/unit testing".
Besides that: my goal on Stackoverflow is to help other folks solving their problems. Sometimes I am very direct; so please understand that I am not rude on intention - just honest. If you disagree with something I say - simply speak up; I appreciate constructive feedback.
Member for 2 years, 9 months
3 profile views
Last seen Nov 23 '18 at 13:29
- Stack Overflow 110.3k 110.3k 1818 gold badges108108 silver badges185185 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 1.2k 1.2k 33 gold badges1919 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1k 1k 44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 517 517 44 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Ask Different 387 387 44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 140 Why should one use Objects.requireNonNull()?
- 78 Using try/catch for preventing app from crashes
- 73 Does Kotlin have a syntax for Map literals?
- 66 Private helper methods vs. public static utility methods in Java
- 56 Java int memory usage
- 43 How do I install Firefox 52 ESR on 16.04?
- 42 How is the 'this' variable in Java actually set to the current object?
- View more network posts →