"Development is the process of expanding the real freedoms that people enjoy”
- A.Sen, Nobel prize in economics
Senior ACM member and former C/C++ freak
1984 Fluent in Z80 assembler and M, a portable PDP11 like assembler, in a time where UCSD p-code was the only widely known bytecode;
1985 Adopted C as mother tongue. At that time Standard C didn't exist and K&R was the only true reference. Still have the #1 issue of the "C journal" (no, it was not called "the C user's journal" at that time !);
1991 Adopted C++ as new main language. Actually it was the macintosh MPW implementation of ATT C++ 2.0. At that time templates didn't exist, STL was yet to come, and the best way to have cool generic containers was to implement some using multiple inheritance.
Started career as freelance developer. Since 1993 in team lead, project manager and management positions. Fond of people, system design, and coding.
I'm here to help, share knowledge, and have fun solving software design and coding issues, hoping to somehow contribute to the software craftsmanship/profession.
All views are my own and do not express views of my employer.
Member for 3 years, 7 months
10 profile views
Last seen Aug 13 at 16:39
- Stack Overflow 43.6k 43.6k 44 gold badges4141 silver badges8787 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 27.7k 27.7k 33 gold badges3636 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- Retrocomputing 464 464 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- Ask Different 101 101 22 bronze badges
- Code Review 101 101 22 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 96 What do you do when code review is just too hard?
- 62 What kind of bugs do "goto" statements lead to? Are there any historically significant examples?
- 48 Is it a bad idea have make a class method that is passed class variables?
- 48 C++ and PHP vs C# and Java - unequal results
- 46 Is there a keyword or operator for "nor"?
- 35 c++: error: no type named ‘type’ in ‘class std::result_of<void (*(std::unordered_map
- View more network posts →