I fed software before software ate the world ;-)
1984 First contract signed for the distribution of my own software. I was 16, fluent in Basic, Pascal, Z80 assembler and M, a portable cross-platform assembler targeting the major available 8, 16 and 16/32 bits CPUs;
1985 Adopted C as mother tongue. At that time Standard C didn't exist and K&R was the only true reference. Still have the #1 issue of the "C journal" (no, it was not yet called "the C user's journal");
1991 Adopted C++ as new main language. Actually it was the macintosh MPW implementation of ATT C++ 2.0. At that time templates didn't exist, STL was yet to come, and the best way to have cool generic containers was to implement some using multiple inheritance.
Since 1993, in team lead, project management, consulting and management positions in the field of software and information systems.
I love to co-create products, work in dynamic and interactive teams, design complex system, and code.
I'm here to help, share knowledge, and have fun solving software design and coding issues, hoping to somehow contribute to the software profession.
All views are my own and do not represent those of my employer.
Member for 3 years, 11 months
12 profile views
Last seen Nov 3 at 16:50
- Stack Overflow 44.9k 44.9k 44 gold badges4242 silver badges8888 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 34k 34k 55 gold badges4848 silver badges8989 bronze badges
- Retrocomputing 464 464 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- Ask Different 101 101 22 bronze badges
- Code Review 101 101 22 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 110 Why is the logical NOT operator in C-style languages "!" and not "~~"?
- 97 What do you do when code review is just too hard?
- 64 What kind of bugs do "goto" statements lead to? Are there any historically significant examples?
- 48 Is it a bad idea have make a class method that is passed class variables?
- 48 C++ and PHP vs C# and Java - unequal results
- 46 Is there a keyword or operator for "nor"?
- 37 c++: error: no type named ‘type’ in ‘class std::result_of<void (*(std::unordered_map
- View more network posts →