If I can use the word defenestrate in everyday conversation it brightens my day.
Learn to use your debugger. Stepping thru a small program that works is one way to learn the basis. Compile with max warnings, and fix all of them. The compiler is your friend.
I am a long time software developer; the keyboard I use is an old OmniKey that's over 25 years old (and goes thru two adapters). I like the high performance bits that get the work done, and my preferred UI is a command line.
Member for 5 years, 7 months
4 profile views
Last seen 4 hours ago
- Stack Overflow 30.2k 30.2k 77 gold badges3939 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- Code Review 7.2k 7.2k 22 gold badges1818 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 1.3k 1.3k 22 gold badges1212 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 702 702 11 gold badge77 silver badges1010 bronze badges
Top network posts
- 134 Should generated documentation be stored in a Git repository?
- 42 Is it a missed optimization, when a compile-time known reference takes space in a struct?
- 35 I'm in your .zips crackin' your passwords
- 35 We're switching to CommonMark
- 32 Shorten condition to check that x is not any of four numbers
- 30 Comparing unordered_map vs unordered_set
- 21 Difference observed between MSVC14.1 and gcc8.3 when a destructor call for an automatic variable amends a function return value
- View more network posts →