I'm Irish (and have been all my life)
I've been writing code since I was 12 years old (professionally since 22 or so), and some day – hopefully soon - I'll figure out how to do it properly.
I'm married (sorry ladies), and she's gorgeous, she's so far out of my league we're playing different sports. I swear there are days I marvel that she doesn't snap out of it and decide she can do far better :) . . . but I’m very glad she doesn’t.
My second love for many years would have been C++, which has been pushed out by C#, very powerful, very concise.
I often work with Vb, but I dislike it, being much more enamoured of the curly brace than I am of hugely verbose syntax.
Although it’s many years since we last parted, I still hold a grudge against Vb3, 4, 5 & 6, oh, and all flavours of VBA. Languages that are, IMHO, as wrong and unholy as . . . well . . . something that’s really wrong and unholy (pick your own desecration and go with that imagery, I’m not going to do all the work for you). . . there are whole years I spent bleeding and blistered on the Pre Vb.Net cross . . . and I’m glad I can say “never again”.
Member for 8 years, 11 months
1 profile view
Last seen Dec 7 '15 at 8:24
- Stack Overflow 41k 41k 1515 gold badges127127 silver badges172172 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 9.5k 9.5k 44 gold badges4141 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 3.1k 3.1k 22 gold badges2121 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 2.2k 2.2k 99 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Super User 451 451 11 gold badge88 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 249 How do I open multiple instances of Visual Studio Code?
- 189 Add spaces before Capital Letters
- 135 How to convert a single char into an int
- 135 What if a MAN actually stabbed the Witch-king instead of Éowyn?
- 129 Struct with template variables in C++
- 125 A client wants us to screen work machines for pornography. Is it possible?
- 119 What was the value of the Shire and everything in it?
- View more network posts →