Scott is a C# MVP, author and INETA North America Community Speaker who has been involved with computers in one way or another for as long as he can remember, but started professionally in 1993. He has worked at Fortune 500 companies and privately held start-ups focused on IT consulting where he gained experience in embedded systems design and software development to systems administration and database programming, and everything in between.
After spending 6 years as a systems administrator, Scott started developing eCommerce store fronts. Since 2001, he has worked on many different projects using .NET and C#. Although his primary focus right now is commercial software applications, he prefers building infrastructure components, reusable shared libraries and helping companies define, develop and automate process standards and guidelines.
Scott runs a software architecture-focused user group, speaks extensively, blogs, and contributes regularly to online communities such as The Code Project and StackOverflow, and is the Community Manager and Senior Editor for DotNetKicks. He is also the creator of Windows Phone Marketplace Requests.
- Stack Overflow 36k 36k 1010 gold badges7070 silver badges106106 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 1.5k 1.5k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 611 611 55 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Area 51 301 301 77 bronze badges
- Super User 201 201 33 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 363 How do I detect what .NET Framework versions and service packs are installed?
- 321 Is premature optimization really the root of all evil?
- 286 How do I detect what .NET Framework versions and service packs are installed?
- 215 Creating a temporary directory in Windows?
- 204 Advantages to Using Private Static Methods
- 112 Should we always include a default constructor in the class?
- 93 Adding a guideline to the editor in Visual Studio
- View more network posts →