Started programming around 1983 on ABC-80 and C-64. Have been a professional developer since 1995 (with some breaks), using mainly Java and C++. A fan of agile methods and refactoring, addicted to unit tests, in love with functional programming and Scala. In 2014 became Certified ScrumMaster. In 2017 acquired GIAC Secure Java Web Developer certification.
Being at least as interested in the creators and users of software as the code itself; thus coaching, soft skills, being a servant leader.
On 26 November 2017, on the way to work, I got hit by a car and as a result, got severe brain damage. Spent close to half a year in the hospital (thanks to the doctors and the crew of Turku University Hospital!). It seems that I lost my creativity and programming skills in the accident, so I can't work as a full-time programmer anymore (although my employer allowed me to work on fixing some bugs).
Member for 9 years, 2 months
48 profile views
Last seen Oct 9 '12 at 8:06
- Stack Overflow 105.5k 105.5k 2727 gold badges248248 silver badges323323 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 44.8k 44.8k 1616 gold badges154154 silver badges183183 bronze badges
- The Workplace 3.8k 3.8k 1212 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Parenting 2.3k 2.3k 1010 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Project Management 1.3k 1.3k 66 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 242 One-line functions that are called only once
- 154 Being stupid to get better productivity?
- 154 Why invoke Thread.currentThread.interrupt() in a catch InterruptException block?
- 152 Separation of JUnit classes into special test package?
- 132 How to add an extra source directory for maven to compile and include in the build jar?
- 131 Should I reuse variables?
- 129 Do the young minds need to learn the pointer concepts?
- View more network posts →