Started programming around 1983 on ABC-80 and C-64. Have been a professional developer since 1995 (with some breaks), using mainly Java and C++. A fan of agile methods and refactoring, addicted to unit tests, in love with functional programming and Scala. In 2014 became Certified ScrumMaster. In 2017 acquired GIAC Secure Java Web Developer certification.
Being at least as interested in the creators and users of software as the code itself; thus coaching, soft skills, being a servant leader.
On 26 November 2017, on the way to work, I got hit by a car and as a result, got severe brain damage. Spent close to half a year in the hospital (thanks to the doctors and the crew of Turku University Hospital!), and I am still recovering at home. It seems I lost my creativity and programming skills in the accident, so I can't work as a programmer anymore.
Member for 8 years, 7 months
47 profile views
Last seen Oct 9 '12 at 8:06
- Stack Overflow 102.3k 102.3k 2525 gold badges240240 silver badges319319 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 44.4k 44.4k 1515 gold badges151151 silver badges182182 bronze badges
- The Workplace 3.8k 3.8k 1212 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Parenting 2.2k 2.2k 99 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Project Management 1.2k 1.2k 66 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 239 One-line functions that are called only once
- 152 Being stupid to get better productivity?
- 147 Separation of JUnit classes into special test package?
- 144 Why invoke Thread.currentThread.interrupt() in a catch InterruptException block?
- 129 Should I reuse variables?
- 128 Do the young minds need to learn the pointer concepts?
- 128 How to add an extra source directory for maven to compile and include in the build jar?
- View more network posts →