Good Morning how are you, I'm dr jimbob
I'm interested in things.
I'm not a real dr,
But I am a real jim bob.
Have a PhD in Experimental High-Energy Physics, but left academia in mid-2010 to program professionally.
Mostly program/script in python, django, and jquery these days doing mostly web apps.
Also have experience programming in C, C++, java, haskell, php, and (bash) shell more in the past.
Linux as primary OS since 1999, ubuntu user since 2005 (Hoary).
Member for 8 years, 6 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jan 19 '18 at 22:03
- Information Security 35.5k 35.5k 77 gold badges8282 silver badges148148 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 13.2k 13.2k 33 gold badges4646 silver badges7171 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 1.8k 1.8k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Cryptography 1k 1k 77 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Mathematics 805 805 55 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 227 Why shouldn't we roll our own?
- 160 How to explain Heartbleed without technical terms?
- 130 How to configure logging to syslog in Python?
- 127 On linux SUSE or RedHat, how do I load Python 2.7
- 125 How to upgrade OpenSSL in OS X?
- 115 What is a Warrant Canary?
- 97 Is my developer's home-brew password security right or wrong, and why?
- View more network posts →