I'm a Project Management Office Manager working for a small-ish business unit (~200 employees) which is part of a worldwide group (~40k employees). I am responsible for managing some key projects directly, and for supporting project management on about 30 - 40 projects per year across the 4 development sites. We design, maintain and sell handheld instruments, permanently installed monitoring equipment, and software to support them.
I've been an engineer since 1986, starting in DSP hardware but moving to pure software in 1990. I've worked on digital radio, speech encoding & encryption, CD-i applications, Win16 and Win32 applications, CGI script applications and Windows CE (2.11 through to 6.0) applications, using C, C++, C#, VB3, VB.NET, Perl, HTML, Linux shell scripts, DOS batch files etc.
Thankfully I am no longer a hands-on programmer, but I still know enough to be helpful... I am still a hands-on project manager.
Scotland, United Kingdom
Member for 10 years, 3 months
0 profile views
Last seen Dec 15 '11 at 12:51
- Stack Overflow 3.1k 3.1k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 802 802 66 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 256 256 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Project Management 226 226 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- SharePoint 103 103 88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 36 Differences Between vbLf, vbCrLf & vbCr Constants
- 16 British usage of “cha”, “char” or “chai” to mean “tea”
- 16 What is the difference between "equal" and "equitable"?
- 15 __cdecl and __declspec calling conventions confusion
- 11 Is it correct to say "I feel painful" to mean "I feel pain"?
- 8 Identify a short story with a professor and matter dispersion device
- 7 When did "while" and "whilst" become interchangeable?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Sep 24 '14