Jörg W Mittag
Not a software developer in the sense that I write software as part of my job or otherwise get paid to do so. Also, not a developer in the sense that I write software for others.
I write software for myself, often for no other reason than that I want to. (What I call recreational programming.)
Actually, I’m currently forcibly confined to recreational programming, as I’m looking for a job.
My current go-to language is Ruby, but I’m interested in all sorts of other languages as well: Newspeak, Seph, Ioke, Self, Io, Slate, Reia, Cobra, Fortress, Sapphire, Haskell, Scala, Clojure, Racket, Go, Fancy, Poison, and many more.
- Stack Overflow 327k 327k 6969 gold badges402402 silver badges604604 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 87.2k 87.2k 2121 gold badges188188 silver badges275275 bronze badges
- Aviation 3.6k 3.6k 1515 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 2.7k 2.7k 1616 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Computer Science 2.2k 2.2k 1111 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1199 Begin, Rescue and Ensure in Ruby?
- 1178 When monkey patching an instance method, can you call the overridden method from the new implementation?
- 652 Git: How do I clone a subdirectory only of a Git repository?
- 633 How to convert a normal Git repository to a bare one?
- 613 Does ruby have real multithreading?
- 461 What is the difference between task and thread?
- 341 Does Ruby have a string.startswith("abc") built in method?
- View more network posts →