Jörg W Mittag
Not a software developer in the sense that I write software as part of my job or otherwise get paid to do so. Also, not a developer in the sense that I write software for others.
I write software for myself, often for no other reason than that I want to. (What I call recreational programming.)
Actually, I’m currently forcibly confined to recreational programming, as I’m looking for a job.
My current go-to language is Ruby, but I’m interested in all sorts of other languages as well: Newspeak, Seph, Ioke, Self, Io, Slate, Reia, Cobra, Fortress, Sapphire, Haskell, Scala, Clojure, Racket, Go, Fancy, Poison, and many more.
- Stack Overflow 312.2k 312.2k 6666 gold badges382382 silver badges577577 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 77.9k 77.9k 1717 gold badges164164 silver badges252252 bronze badges
- Aviation 2.5k 2.5k 1212 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Server Fault 1.9k 1.9k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Computer Science 1.7k 1.7k 1010 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1168 Begin, Rescue and Ensure in Ruby?
- 1145 When monkey patching an instance method, can you call the overridden method from the new implementation?
- 605 Does ruby have real multithreading?
- 591 How to convert a normal Git repository to a bare one?
- 581 How do I clone a subdirectory only of a Git repository?
- 442 What is the difference between task and thread?
- 335 Does Ruby have a string.startswith("abc") built in method?
- View more network posts →