Not a software developer in the sense that I write software as part of my job or otherwise get paid to do so. Also, not a developer in the sense that I write software for others.
I write software for myself, often for no other reason than that I want to. (What I call recreational programming.)
My current go-to language is Ruby, but I’m interested in all sorts of other languages as well: Newspeak, Seph, Ioke, Self, Io, Slate, Reia, Cobra, Fortress, Sapphire, Haskell, Scala, Clojure, Racket, Go, Fancy, Poison, and many more.
- Stack Overflow 341.8k 341.8k 7272 gold badges417417 silver badges618618 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 95.6k 95.6k 2424 gold badges203203 silver badges297297 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 11k 11k 11 gold badge4242 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Computer Science 4k 4k 1515 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Aviation 3.9k 3.9k 1515 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1251 Begin, Rescue and Ensure in Ruby?
- 1210 When monkey patching an instance method, can you call the overridden method from the new implementation?
- 740 How do I clone a subdirectory only of a Git repository?
- 665 How to convert a normal Git repository to a bare one?
- 615 Does ruby have real multithreading?
- 484 What is the difference between task and thread?
- 352 Does Ruby have a string.startswith("abc") built in method?
- View more network posts →