Jörg W Mittag
Not a software developer in the sense that I write software as part of my job or otherwise get paid to do so. Also, not a developer in the sense that I write software for others.
I write software for myself, often for no other reason than that I want to. (What I call recreational programming.)
Actually, I’m currently forcibly confined to recreational programming, as I’m looking for a job.
My current go-to language is Ruby, but I’m interested in all sorts of other languages as well: Newspeak, Seph, Ioke, Self, Io, Slate, Reia, Cobra, Fortress, Sapphire, Haskell, Scala, Clojure, Racket, Go, Fancy, Poison, and many more.
- Stack Overflow 305.2k 305.2k 6464 gold badges376376 silver badges572572 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 73.9k 73.9k 1616 gold badges160160 silver badges243243 bronze badges
- Aviation 2.1k 2.1k 1010 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Server Fault 1.9k 1.9k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Computer Science 1.6k 1.6k 88 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1142 Begin, Rescue and Ensure in Ruby?
- 1120 When monkey patching an instance method, can you call the overridden method from the new implementation?
- 602 Does ruby have real multithreading?
- 576 How to convert a normal Git repository to a bare one?
- 547 How do I clone a subdirectory only of a Git repository?
- 435 What is the difference between task and thread?
- 330 Does Ruby have a string.startswith("abc") built in method?
- View more network posts →