I'm a self-employed programmer with far too much interest in learning new things that I'll probably never have chance to use in real life.
My day job consists of pulling data from a database, displaying it on a window, waiting for the user to make some edits and then saving the data back into the database. Sound familiar? If I'm lucky, I get to generate a report or send an email along the way. Pardon me while I yawn.
My out-of-work activities involve trying to get my head around the sort of stuff I'd really like to do for a job, like machine learning, natural algorithms and so on. I dabble in these, occasionally post some ramblings on my blog (that no-one reads, so I can post what I like). I'm a huge fan of Linq, and have been trying to learn F# recently.
Out of work hours, I like tickling my children (I have lots to tickle!), growing carnivorous plants and studying ancient legal texts.
- Stack Overflow 6.1k 6.1k 66 gold badges3939 silver badges7777 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 1k 1k 1010 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Information Security 715 715 11 gold badge66 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 673 673 55 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 473 473 44 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 72 What's the safest way to inform a new user of their password on an invite-only website?
- 62 Unable to launch the IIS Express Web server, Failed to register URL, Access is denied
- 55 How do we decide when a small sample is statistically significant or not?
- 48 How do I add a "last updated" column in a SQL Server 2008 R2 table?
- 32 How do we know that the next generation will be better?
- 32 Really awful 1970s movie about mercury dumped in a lake that caused monsters to attack
- 29 Visual Studio not downloading DLL for NuGet package
- View more network posts →