A programmer of about a decade with a break in the middle to try restaurant management. About two years ago I started to sit down and try to seriously map out both a career and ability development plan after a career of drift.
As part of that effort I'm concentrating on mastering my favorite language (Perl), write some personal projects in place of using off the shelf software, and add breadth to my experience on several axes. My StackOverflow, SuperUser, and other StackExchange accounts are part of the later.
To bring the story to the present the effort at mastering Perl and having direction in general paid off about two years ago in a new position in a quant group at a TBTFB.
- Role-playing Games 3.4k 3.4k 1818 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.4k 1.4k 1212 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 393 393 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- Quantitative Finance 221 221 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 211 211 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 18 The Giants modules in BRP Classic Fantasy
- 18 Cut off hand with Ring of Regeneration on it
- 17 In Moldvay's Basic D&D, should the Thief roll twice to find a trap?
- 15 Where can I find other RPG players?
- 15 Using 2x on d12 instead of x on a d6 in OD&D/Classic D&D/Clones
- 14 Best answer for people concerned about RPG activities being occult or dangerous?
- 14 Where can I find a place to play?
- View more network posts →