C and Perl programmer for a suite of Linux based applications and web services.
I prefer to try to help people find how to answer their own questions, than to answer their questions for them. I also try to encourage and hopefully provide constructive feedback on how to improve questions from new(er) programmers, with the goal of hopefully improving the quality of the help their receive.
I view StackOverflow as a tool, rather than a LazyWeb site. In the long term I believe this is necessary to preserve the quality of the site and its usefulness.
Member for 8 years, 9 months
14 profile views
Last seen Aug 8 '14 at 15:55
- Stack Overflow 4.7k 4.7k 1313 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 1.5k 1.5k 99 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Super User 1.3k 1.3k 66 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 1.1k 1.1k 66 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Server Fault 835 835 44 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 42 Why was the first compiler written before the first interpreter?
- 21 how to remove all files that created n minutes ago in linux
- 17 concatenate char array in C
- 16 Read from file or stdin
- 16 Login without HTTPS, how to secure?
- 16 Is Unix coded in C or C++ or both?
- 12 2GB limit on file size when using fwrite in C?
- View more network posts →