Happy hacker in C, Icon, Haskell, Lua, ML, Modula-3, Scheme, and others. Favorite language: whatever I'm using at the moment.
Good ways to get in contact include Skype chat to norman-ramsey or (less reliable) AIM to norman62ramsey
Every time I see a question about "strong" or "weak" typing, I kill a kitten.
- Stack Overflow 190.3k 190.3k 5757 gold badges346346 silver badges527527 bronze badges
- Super User 2.8k 2.8k 88 gold badges2828 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 2.6k 2.6k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge99 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.2k 1.2k 66 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 625 What is the difference between a strongly typed language and a statically typed language?
- 535 Runtime vs. Compile time
- 384 Environment variable substitution in sed
- 380 Is it faster to count down than it is to count up?
- 318 What's the best way to send a signal to all members of a process group?
- 280 In Functional Programming, what is a functor?
- 264 How to get "wc -l" to print just the number of lines without file name?
- View more network posts →