##The great tag wiki edit
How this would work:
- Set up a contest time frame and chat room,
- discuss and evaluate tag wiki edits submitted during time frame set,
in order to short-list ones to be presented in nominees list at next step,
- set up a "voting question" with nominees list (like elections town hall or SCNA wish list),
- whoever edit scores best
gets kissed by Anna Lear and Mark Trappwins.
- No edits outside the time frame.
- Contest period: A month.
What we gain:
- definition from page with a really nice title: 'tag-wiki' tag wiki - Meta Stack Overflow
An editable page that briefly summarizes the topic of the tag and that may provide links to existing questions that are often useful to many people...
Tag wikis are made of 2 parts:
- The Excerpt - which is displayed on question lists and tag hover menu.
- The Body - which contains detailed information about a tag wiki.
- definition that inspired me, from a tag homepage/FAQ request at MSO:
a community-wiki editable home page... where we could place essentially the tag-specific FAQ and other tag-specific links