This question I asked here:

What do you call the state reducer pattern used by redux?

Has not been well received (-2, and two close votes for requesting tutorials/tools, at time of posting this meta question).

The question asks for a canonical reference/answer for 'What is a reducer function'?

A comment given points us to the term 'Fold' and a wikipedia article for it - which precisely gets to what I was asking.

Is the question I asked off topic?

Browse other questions tagged .