There are currently several analysis tags which significantly overlap, but some having relatively few questions:
- Analysis: 80 questions - 8 this year
- Business-analysis: 26 questions - 2 this year
- 17 were related to a requirement tag or had requirement in the title
- 4 more had another analysis or system-analysis tag or referred to SA in the title
- Systems-analysis: 5 questions - 1 this year
- 4 had another-analysis or business-analysis tag
- the last refereed in the title to "software analysis" and in its content to analysis and modeling techniques
Would it be possible to group all the 3 tags under the single more general "analysis" ?
- The OOAD tag (object oriented analysis and design) is sufficiently specific and distinguishable from the general analysis tag
- Other "-analysis" tags are more specific to code, algorithms and performance: algorithm-analysis (96), static-analysis (53), code-analysis (30), and dependency-analysis(13) and do not require action in my opinion.
- "System analysis" is, despite the word "system" which sounds technical, a discipline that analysis business and business organization as well.
- "Business analysis" seems frequently used for questions more related to functional requirements or requirement gathering from users. On the other hand, a "requirement" tag is already used very consistently. In this perspective, after the grouping, the combination "analysis" and "requirement", would seem almost equivalent to "business-analysis" and "requirement" IMO.