There are a number of stack exchanges:
- Stack Overflow for programming questions, algorithm and data structure implementations, and software development tools.
- Programmers for architecture, design, process and methodology, software project management, software licensing, and other "whiteboard" questions
- Code Review for best practices, security reviews, performance, correctness Software Quality Assurance for quality control, automation, and testing
- Programming Puzzles and Code Golf for different puzzles
- Computer Science for the mathematical and scientific foundations of computing
But in reality in "Programmers" if you ask a theoretical question (that requires discussion) it will be closed. This is strange as there are at least three other stack exchanges specifically for coding questions - making the existence of "Programmers" a bit of a mystery.
I'm going to try it now. I am going to ask a question that doesn't have an answer of
DO A, THEN B, THEN C should be the result.
I'm expecting no answers except "I'm afraid I cannot do that Dave. Now I must close you".
So is there anywhere that I can go?