This site really does baffle me. I do not understand what question someone could ask here that he or she could not ask on Stack Overflow.
I would start by reading these:
- Stack Overflow On Topic vs Programmers On Topic
- What's the difference between Programmers and Stack Overflow?
- Which computer science / programming Stack Exchange do I post in?
If you still don't understand where your question can go, you can either ask about it on a site's Meta (although you will have to be somewhat specific so that you can be directed to the right site), in a site's chat room (you have sufficient reputation to go ask), or you can choose the site you think is the most appropriate and if it's off-topic but still a good question for someplace else, have it migrated (don't cross-post questions, though - we'll make sure the question gets to where it can be answered).
Examples of questions that were originally asked on Stack Overflow, but migrated here because they were off-topic there and on-topic here:
- Is allocating objects from a memory-pool a security anti-pattern?
- Using subclasses for DataContracts used with JSON
- DDD - Domain Driven Design, which development order should be applied?
- Decoupling Server and Client using REST API
- Is the Adapter the correct design pattern for this situation?
- Iteratively improve software architecture & quality in an agile process?
- Sequence Diagram. UML "Use Case Ends"
- How can you add acknowledgement functionality to a Command pattern, given the response from receiver is gotten asynchronously on Server?