Best practices for sharing tiny snippets of code across projects was closed 6 months after being posted. It was marked as a duplicate to How to promote code reuse and documentation?
I'm a heavy user of many stack exchange sites and I feel that this question should not be closed
- The questions are different, and require different answers. The only similarity is they ask about code reuse - a very broad topic. My question is quite specific.
- The old question hasn't got the same quality of answers, upvotes, attention, discussion.
- The old question hasn't got a single accepted or highly upvoted answer.
- More importantly: There are still possible answers and suggestions that could be posted as answers to my question that still have not been posted. I won't write them here but since asking the question I've come across of a number of other answers/solutions that would be valuable to anyone reading the question.
- Before being fully closed, I edited in and commented my case for not being closed. This was ignored.
I wouldn't usually bother to write about this in meta but the question I asked is something I have and will always come back to as an important problem to look at. Closing the question without much thought throttles the discussion and prohibits further contributions by either myself or other users.