There are 8 questions tagged with compensation and 5 are closed.
Also, compensation is literally off-topic according to the FAQ: salary or compensation
The 3 questions that remain open seem as if they are appropriate for this site, but I am a bit conflicted given that the FAQ explicitly forbids them. Are these special cases, or are these now considered off-topic? If they are off-topic, should we blacklist the compensation tag all together?
As a side note, there is no salary tag. I don't know if it ever existed or was addressed in the past.
I have edited the tag out of all the closed questions. Here is the list of them for reference:
- Why do business analysts and project managers get higher salaries than programmers?
- Is it possible/likely to be paid fairly without a college degree?
- Salary Negotiation; How Best to Broach the Subject?
- Is there any site which tells or highlights by zone developer income source? I think i am getting less yearly
- Jobs asking for web design and development skills, should it be doubling the pay?
I don't think any of these questions should be reopened. They are basically consulting a programmers perspective, and not really about software development. At least that's how I am interpreting them against the FAQ. I'll report on the other open questions when I have time to really digest them.