Wait! Programmers.SE is having a contest!?
What have you been living under a rock?
Just kidding (maybe). Yes, Programmers is having a contest. And it's going to be awesome!
So how will this contest work?
The contest will be divided into 4 weeks. For each of the 4 weeks, there will be a tag dedicated to it. The schedule will go like this:
- data-structures -- May 7 (results)
- documentation -- May 14 (results)
- history -- May 21 (results)
- algorithms -- May 28 (results)
Each week, users who post questions and answers for that weeks tag will have their post entered into the contest. The following categories can win:
- Best Answer: The best answer from the week will be a winner. Best answer is judged by votes. Any answer to a closed question is ineligible.
- Best Question: The best question from the week will also be awarded. Best question is not judged on votes, but instead views. Closed questions will be disqualified. We encourage advertising your question (on non-SE sites) to get more views. Please do not spam the chat rooms.
Remember, you are only eligible if you post under the current week's tag.
Best of all, we try to get you the best prizes possible. In order to do that, we had to put on a few restrictions. But winners can choose their own site-related prize from Amazon, as long as it:
- Is under $50 (including shipping and handling)
- Is related to the site and its topic
If your one prize does not use up the $50, you may choose up to 3 different things (still has to be under $50 all total).
So when do we start?
The contest is going on now!
Important Notes of Eligibility and Such
- You must have a valid email address in your profile so that we can contact you and ask you what you want from Amazon (if you win).
- No closed questions or negatively scored questions (regardless of views).
- SE employees are ineligible.
- The question you are asking or answering must contain the contest tag to be eligible
- Bounties on contest questions are more than welcome.