I've seen a few of these and often up-vote them because I've had the same questions and am interested in the answers, however these questions frequently get closed as not constructive, and one is currently marked for deletion.
Is it off-topic to ask if something is normal for programmers, and if a programmer should be concerned about it? If not, what is the criteria used to determine if these sorts of questions are constructive or not?
Some examples are
- Is it normal to think about a design problem for days with no code written? - Closed as Not Constructive and marked for deletion
- Is it normal for a company to have programmers on such a rigid schedule? - Closed as NC
- Should I be concerned that I can't program very fast without Google? - Closed as duplicate, but when I pointed out it wasn't an exact duplicate on meta, a moderator said he thought it should still be closed as off-topic
- Is it “normal” for people to not work? - Was closed as NC, but now locked
- Is it normal for programmer to work on multiple projects simultaneously - Open
- What's the “normal” range for typing speed for developers? - Open
- Should I be concerned if I have nothing to do during an internship? - Open
Not-Constructiveclose reason also applies to questions that don't match the SE Q&A format.
not a real question.