Welcome to the third structured tag cleanup!
The tag has been renamed to stci-software-development, which hopefully should prevent people from adding any more questions to it.
The goal of this cleanup is to systematically clean up the software development tag without causing disruption to the rest of the site. Your job, should you choose to accept it, is:
Review the deletion candidates below and see if there's a way to save any of the questions before they go gently into that good night through heroic edits. At the end of the clean up period, any questions not sufficiently improved will be deleted.
Review the merge candidates to see if can be merged into one question. If they shouldn't be, revise the questions to demonstrate how it's not in any way like the question it's been duplicated to.
Review the closure candidates list to see if you agree with what others have identified as being out of the site's scope. If you agree, vote to close. If you don't agree, use heroic edits to address the problems the question has and bring it back into scope.
Review the currently open questions and see which ones do not fit our site scope. Vote to close them and add them to the closure candidates list.
Improve the leftover questions by copyediting, fixing spelling, flow, adding clearer titles, etc. while replacing the
stci-software-developmenttag with something more meaningful1:
- web-development for questions relating to web development,
- mobile for questions relating to mobile development,
- architecture for questions relating to system level architecture, documenting architecture, view models, architectural quality, and product line development.
- design for questions relating to software design.
- documentation for questions about documentation.
- requirements for questions about requirements engineering and documenting requirements.
- testing for questions about unit, integration, smoke, and system testing using white box or black box techniques.
- maintenance for questions about maintaining legacy software systems.
- quality for questions about process quality, product quality, code quality, or measuring the quality of any of these.
- education for questions about formal education, self-teaching, and self-improvement as a software developer.
- metrics for questions about software metrics.
- patterns for questions on design patterns.
- agile for questions on agile methodologies.
- project-management for questions on project management.
...and other, more specific tags as needed.
Finally, and this is perhaps the most important of all the rules: do not just remove the stci-software-engineering tag without improving the question and its answers.
This round of cleanups will end on Sunday, April 8th at 04:00 UTC. At that time, all the default actions will be done: deletions, merges, closures, and such. If stci-software-development is not empty by then, it'll be renamed back to software-development and be saved for later rounds of cleanups.
If it is empty, we will move on to getting it blacklisted.
1 These are (mostly) the same suggestions as for the [software-engineering] cleanup - I felt they make sense for [software-development] and couldn't find any other tags that would be common candidates for [software-development] questions. If you have suggestions, please edit them in.