Two questions were recently asked regarding research or studies about a specific topic:
Both were closed by the community in short order.
We've had a few other questions with the same type request in the past:
- Has there been research into programming linguistics?
- Is there any research out there on geographic differences in work environments (e.g., respect) for programmers?
- Schemes to resolve deadlocks
- Debugging Facts and Statistics
- What factors can make mid-project join successful?
- Non-English-based programming languages
Closed and deleted
- Are there any languages, frameworks, techniques, or any kind of research designed specifically for organic growth of large systems over time?
- What motivates students to choose a CS/IT track?
- Why is IT/programming the profession with the least happy people?
- How many developers should a software company have?
- Programming can cause a decrease in spelling and grammar skills?
- Which specific programming activities do women, on average, perform better than men?
So there's a bit of an inconsistency in how they've been dealt with. Are these on-topic? If so, why? If not, why not?