This question already has an answer here:
- Is programming history on topic? 5 answers
I think I have found an appropriate tag for this type of questions: trivia
Inventor and History of programming technology
- Who is the father of CIL?
- version:1 Favorite Pascal language features and when were they introduced? (Before the question was reworded and reopened in its current form)
- What's the origin of foo and bar? [duplicate of What is the history of the use of "foo" and "bar" in source code examples?, still open]
- https://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/q/96784/620 [closed]
My view of the tag relationship is:
- history for significant historical questions
- Questions about historical, but are not significant enough to worth remembering, can be called trivia. They may be tagged both.
- Other questions which are also not significant enough to remember, can be just tagged trivia.
My question is: is trivia questions acceptable on P.SE?