"Oh! this answer has highest votes it must be good bling upvote!!".
The kind of votes that keep getting added to the most catchy answer because it has high votes already.
A kind of peer pressure that puts you on the spot to vote for a popular answer so you'd fit in the popular/hip thinking.
It's a mystery to see if most voters make it down to the bottom of the page to see new answers .
- Question : Is this phenomenon a norm these days?.
- Question : I am i correct in observing this phenomenon to be true?
- How to discourage crowd-pleasing non-answers?
- Since when did Vote Count indicate the correct answer to the question?
Edit: Conversely,for example when a person with very high rep or seniority ( mention of their years of experience and such) posts an answer to the question.In some cases even though it may not be right or relevant their answers still get up votes.
- For reasons of respect to seniority.Simply for the trouble they have taken to post an answer
- Like you don't say no to your boss or your superior. say yes on the terms, OK it may not apply to this but it maybe useful in some other cases.
- Up votes for reasons of not appearing to be bad or stupid to ignore or be contrary the words of a senior person( rep count/experience/age) lest their post gets flamed or discourage others in not answering the question.
That is why you would notice rep builds up easier after a certain level at a slight extent maybe due to the above factors ,Besides The obvious volume and/or good quality answers
P.S : I am not trying to flame or offend any one with high rep
( as natural consequence of providing great answers over a period of time) or seniority.Neither do i dismiss the factors of tenure,diplomacy,strategic up/down voting, Rep W***ing.