Difficulty with naming has a bit of a history with programming.
There are two hard problems in computer science: caching, naming, and off by one errors.
It has been repeatedly revisited on meta and elsewhere
- (P.SE Aug 2012) Question about naming conventions "not constructive"?
- (P.SE Oct 2011) Are "name that thing" questions on-topic?
- (P.SE Jan 2014) "Name that thing" questions
- (MSO Nov 2013) What is the appropriate / preferred method for questions concerning programming nomenclature?What is the appropriate / preferred method for questions concerning programming nomenclature?
- (Blog Feb 2012) Lets Play The Guessing Game
And yes, the guidance on these is confusing.
So, please answer: